About Snap Power
Snap Power is a startup located in Vineyard, Utah. With a background in electrical and home automation, our dream has always been to create simple, innovative, and easy-to-install technology for homes and commercial buildings.
Our first product is the SnapRays Guide Light. Installation of typical guide lighting requires running numerous wires through walls, installing additional electrical boxes, and manually wiring the guide lights. Also, conventional night lights available today are bulky, occupy outlets, break easily and can be dangerous. To solve these issues we created a simple solution, one that would contribute better to the safety, beauty and efficiency of our homes. After several years of hard work, designing and engineering, our first product is ready to hit the market!
What is the SnapRays Guide Light?
The SnapRays Guide-Light is a plug-and-play replacement for the standard plug-in night lights and hardwired guide lights found on the market today; it installs within seconds and requires no wires or batteries. Designed to look like and replace the standard outlet cover plate, the SnapRays Guide-Light is equipped with light emitting diodes (LEDs) to provide illumination in the dark while keeping both outlets available for use at all times. For energy efficiency, the Guide-Light includes a light sensor that automatically turns the LEDs on in the dark and off in the light.
Features and Benefits
- "Power Extraction Technology" extracts power from sides of outlet
- Installs in seconds with no wires or batteries
- Light Sensor turns LEDs on/off automatically
- "Energy Optimized"LEDs cost less than 10 cents a year to power and last up to 25+ years
- Leaves both outlets available for use at all times
- LEDS turn off during the day causing the Guide Light to blend in and look like a standard cover plate
- Low profile design
- Great for night light, guide lighting, accent lighting, countertop lighting etc...
- All electronics are safely enclosed inside the Guide Light making it safe for children
- Compatible with all standard outlet receptacles with terminal screws exposed (Excludes GFCI outlets)
- Available for both Duplex and Décor style outlets
How does the SnapRays Guide Light work?
The SnapRays Guide-Light is designed to be installed over the standard electrical outlet. As the user installs the Guide-Light, the patented "Power Extractors" on the back side of the plate slide into the electrical box and around the outlet receptacle making contact with the sides of the outlet. This proprietary technology is what enable the device to extract power from the receptacle without having to hardwire, plug into or occupy an outlet.
How is the SnapRays Guide Light Installed?
Installing the SnapRays Guidelight takes only seconds. First power is turned off to the outlet. The existing cover plate is removed and the SnapRays Guidelight is inserted over the outlet and fastened in place. The power is turned back on. The Guidelight will illuminate once the area is dark.
Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5
You can access our information below. Don't hesitate to drop us a line!
Phone: 385 204-5774
3580 North University Avenue
Suite 300 Provo Utah 84604